Portland that Time Forgot! A collection of obscure and historical bits and chunks from Portland's curious history.
- Tom Peterson's Alarm Clock With Sound! WAKE UP WAKE UP!!!!
- Fast Mail, Northern Pacific R.R. The first ever film footage from Portland! From 1887.....Riveting isn't it!
- Portland Exposé 1957 Trailer (0:02:35) B movie trailer about Portland underground sleaze crime in the 50s! City of Roses now but it was the city of "vice" for a long time.
- The Kite Man PSA (Pacific Power) (0:00:39) Anyone growing up in Portland has a lot of head scratching over this ad....."What about frogs?"
- Organ Grinder Pizza Commercial (0:00:31) This place had the largest organ ever and on a lucky occasion the organist would play the Exorcist theme song while families would be eating crappy pizza. TRUE STORY! And sadly this place is long gone.
- Ramblin Rod Show (bloopers) (0:03:39) I was on this show once and Ramplin Rod yelled at me and my brother during the commercial break.....He wasn't nice........ Although He did have good fashion style. R.I.P Ramblin Rod!
- Ramblin Rod pop shop pop 1979 (0:04:25) Oh Pop Shoppe ruled! I got several cavities from this nasty soda.
- Ramblin' Rod Smile Contest 1981 (0:03:06) Smile contest? This was torture on me as a kid! But the song was the highlight. Love it!
X Classic Commercial-KGON (All That Disco) (0:00:30) Yeah Portland was truly a ROCK town......Disco was not allowed to enter.
- Punk Segment - AM NW - 1982 It's punks vs squares!!!!! I tell ya it was a rough being punk back in the day. See the early folks of Dead Moon and other awesome Portland punk legends! Funny thing about this segment.....All the punks were straight right about everything and now have lasted longer in legacy than anyone. True Portland warriors!
PORTLAND WRESTLING INTRO (1980's) There's a billion videos of Portland Wrestling out there. Another galaxy too big to explore. R.I.P Dutch Savage
SMEGMA are legends and these videos capture the vibe of Portland very well. Hard to believe this but all the times I saw SMEGMA play in the 80s there was countless middle fingers pointed at them. Yet they still played as if they didn't care. Smegma is punker than punk! The cockroaches of Portland that cannot be killed. I heart SMEGMA!
- SMEGMA-Industry (0:04:02)
- DOUGHBRAIN (0:01:40) [Regular]
- "This is Portland" 1971, when Portland was a dumpy little town with nothing in particular except offering a safe place to raise a family. This 16 mm short film captures Portland precisely in 1971!
- SMEGMA-RAILS (0:04:20) [Regular]
- Deafula "Film for Deaf People by Dumb People" Did you know that there was a vampire movie filmed here in Portland that was entirely in sign language? Yep! It's true! The only horror movie for deaf folks.......Only in Portland!
- Oregon's Exploding Whale - 2010 KVAL (40th anniversary repor (0:01:24) What to do with a rotting dead whale?.....Blow it up of course! Amazing that cars were crushed by the flying gore.
- Mt St Helens 1980 Eruption Time-lapse from Rocky Butte, Portl (0:03:30) I was ten years old when St Helens blew up and I would go to Rocky Butte all the time to see this volcano spew smoke. Then it really blew big-time and Portland got ash falling all over the city. Beautiful apocalyptic memories for myself! This video is rather cool and will give ya a perspective of how this eruption was like in Portland.
- Poison Idea - Breakfast with PIg Champion (0:02:47) Poison Idea's legendary guitarist is just trying to have a nice breakfast and of course a burning motorcycle has to interrupts his eating.....sheesh! R.I.P Pig Champion!
- Roger Nusic "Can I Come In And See You?" (0:04:06) Another Portland legend...... serious legend indeed! Roger Nusic was epic!
- 1983 Tom Peterson TV Commercial (hq) (0:00:31) Tom Peterson is the holy ghost of Portland. People actually get tattoos of his face. Tom Peterson is pure Portland essence!